olbie's

This is a place for newbie players to come and discuss problems they are having specifically, address any issues regarding the game not covered sufficiently in the help files, and any other newbie-helpful discussion (though please do NOT discuss details of quests, subclasses included, nor tell people how to play in this thread. Those topics will be promptly removed.)
durran

olbie's

Post by durran » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:01 pm

Anyone else returning after seven year hiatus? :twisted: Man things have changed. I fill like a newb its like a brand new mud in there. I freaked out as i killed my first rabbit and my sword flew out of my hand. A rabbit almost killed me. um no wait it was 13 rabbits. And they were mutated yeah yeha thats the ticket they were mutant rabbits. because i mean come on no regular rabbit is going to pose a real threat to my lvl one warrior. Anyway i noticed nobody has posted here in a while. So i thought I would post.
Im rich Beyotch.
Kentar

Post by Kentar » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:24 am

Hey dude! I know what you mean when you say that "things have changed". I played old fiery too and about a month and a half ago, I started playing again.

So you gonna be a regular again? :P

And youre also right... the forums arent being used very much. (seems like it could be used a bit more IMHO.) :wink:
durran

Post by durran » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:11 pm

I guess i'll be a regular. If i have time to regularly get on.
Im rich Beyotch.
Rekkan

Post by Rekkan » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:05 pm

I know you Durran.... hehe.
Rekkan Keeper of the Future >>KotF<<
DaMyst

Post by DaMyst » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:53 am

I think I outstrip you in terms of oldie... :P it's been almost 9 years since my last Fiery session... I was known as Forge back in the day. I think the only name I recognize is Zzur and that's only if it is the same person...dang I feel old!
Laich

Post by Laich » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:15 pm

rofl, you probably are! Then again, so am I.
-Laich

I am Becoming
Rekkan

Post by Rekkan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:54 pm

Ya we are all old fogies.
Rekkan Keeper of the Future >>KotF<<
Dsm

OLD member

Post by Dsm » Fri May 25, 2007 8:57 pm

Wow, I remember Forge. I too stopped playing FieryMud when it crashed and went down for a long time. I started playing EverQuest, and never went back to Fiery when it started back up in its new birth.

If you played back in '96-'01 you probably saw me on. I was Dsm the Serpent Mage/Jme/Tervan and some other characters i dont remember. Mostly i was just Dsm/Jme the crazy mage and cleric that killed everything by myself, which pissed off Metamorpho enough to change the code to prevent me from doing it.

I miss Dexerity and Slough. But i ended up with a fantastic guild in EQ.

Now i'm married, have a 13 month old little girl, and work entirely too much. And dont play any computer games.

ahhh....memory lane.

Dan
Laich

Post by Laich » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:04 am

I feel ya.
-Laich

I am Becoming
merthor

Re: olbie's

Post by merthor » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:47 am

i played a lot back in my college days. I found some old maps i had in a box and it brought back memories. I too quit playing after the big crash, though i come back every now and then and kill some bugs.

anyways just saying hi.
Zzur
Slack Master

Post by Zzur » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Hey!
Zzur Lord of Chaos
Overlord of the Known Realms
jmcma

Post by jmcma » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Figured I'd add my name to the list of oldbies. Have just spent two weeks laid up after a knee operation and managed to find Fiery again. Currently playing Marlia, Jolio and Harnv and have very much enjoyed exploring old areas and trying to work out quests with another oldbie, Katkar.

For those who care, I started playing fiery sometime between 1991 and 1995. I used to group with DarKnight before he was ** and played characters called Karen (Warrior), Jenny(a kick ass mage), Brickman (cleric) and very occasionally Talisman (thief).

Perhaps I'll see some of you on the mud.

James
Katkar

Post by Katkar » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Haha.. Marlia already outed me, those who knew me knew me as Katkar. I rarely played other characters. I remember a few of you..

I think we're the oldest next to Feyd.. I mean Zzur.. so far that is! :)

Nostalgia brought me back. My how things have changed!
sumphoo

Post by sumphoo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:07 am

Fiery was my first (and only) MUD; I started in 94. I almost always was on playing my WAR, Wolfen and My Cleric Danedean (or something like that).

Katkar, Marlia, Feyd (Zzur) I remember very well; it was people like yourselves that made this such a unique community and a truly fun place to explore. Other people I havn't seen on this forum, but I still miss them.

Selandria, a truly good friend who spent many hours chatting with me while we played; helped me with my design of the area " Witch Tree Manor " ; and had an almost infinite depth of patience, tolerance and kindness.

WitchDokta, who's antics in chat and drive to challenge himself in game as a player always brought a smile to my face.

And last but not least, the one whose name was branded into my memory for all time as I sat in shock watching them assassinate my mage;
The PK NOREMORSE.

It is still so vivid and kind of funny now, me getting my ass whooped in text, as I keep misspelling either my command or his name or both. "Castspell Web Noremorse, Cast Spell Web Norimorse, Kill Noremosre. DEAD! Of course he griefed me for an hour as well.

I really loved this place, but eventually I overdid it. I was spending every free moment and all my extra energy on Fiery, either by playing or spending many many late night hours creating "Witch Tree Manor", my 25-32 lvl area. What I hadn't known when I first started was that the phone line I was using for the PC in my moms office was a business account and calls were charged per minute. After few months of Fiery, at about 0.6 cents a minute I had run up almost 320.00 in charges for connecting to my shell account. My mom almost got in serious trouble because of me for that and the office PC was immediately off limits.

As you will recall the cost in 93-94 for a home PC was ridiculous, (a DELL 486x66 8MB Ram, 5.0 and 3.5 floppy, 500mb HD and a 9600bd modem: average price 4000.00)

As a young married couple barely scraping by, me working 3 jobs and her 2, having a PC wasn't even on the list. And to be totally honest, she had already let me know that Fiery had no place in our relationship if I was serious about being married to her, which I was..

Ahhh the roads we travel and the lessons we learn. :) I still cherish my memories of Fiery and am honored I got to share this special part of all our lives with the people on it.

It is hard to believe it has been 20 years since I first logged in to Fiery, and 19 years since I logged out.

Good journeys to you all.
meina

Post by meina » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:19 pm

I still hang around from time to time, although it has been a while. My sister and I embarked on a quest to map every single zone in new fiery. So far, we've managed to get through the teen zones, and almost finished the 20s zones but real life keeps dragging us away.

I was Fireshield, but now I am Meina :) My sister is Nauis. I enjoy the new Fiery, but there are lots of things about old Fiery that can never be replaced - the epicness that was playing Doom and taking on Lokari and winning the Starsword just can't be matched!
Chinok

Post by Chinok » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:52 pm

yep, we're still here, and Loki is still laughing at you :)

hopefully to stay a while.
weird tho, the latest post shows it came in a long time ago.

edit and this post shows 2011... will have to dig into that.
Log on Fiery!!
Connect NOW!!!
Chinok
astrid

Post by astrid » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:31 pm

7 years? dude I just started back playing again I have been off fiery from 1995
yes I played a lot with Hokus and Pokus, name back then was Morris and Risk.
now its Astrid only level 36 today but working on it solo.. died today I was the only player on took me forever and 100 flees from mobs to get my corpse back. not a lot of people play any more.. seems to be more of the old players that restarted playing or never stopped.. I sure do miss the old days of fiery..