Ho There Wanderer!
Welcome to the world of Ethilien, a world once ravaged by gods run amok. Amid this world, on the eastern continent of Caelia, lies the classical power struggle of good and evil, righteous vs demonic.
Only after being spared through the might of the all-father, Metamorpho, creator and progenator of Ethilien, has Caelia began to recover from the evils caused during the rift.
However, under the cover of darkness do new evils arise to bring upheaval and strife as whispers of a mysterious and once forgotten clan bring hope of surviving the chaos to ensue.
~~~~~~~ FieryMUD News ~~~~~~~
*April 30 2015
* Some server issues may have bounced and trounced you over the last
few days. The host has confirmed everything is back up and good
to go. May all your quests end in fiery, dragon based death.
*September 25, 2014
*Just in case anyone is worried, Fiery is patched against Shellshock
--- That is all
*May 1, 2014
*Fiery is all up, web, mail, mudd, all of it is good.
--- Thanks for your patience
*April 28, 2014
*Fiery is up, BASE website is up (forums isn't quite ready yet) so enjoy.
The reset will be worked out over the next few days. If you find anything
broke with the mudd, please report via MUDMAIL. I will let everyone
know when the website and other services are up and done.
--- Thanks for your patience
*April 18, 2014
*Fiery has been running on a 32 bit outdated server OS for about 2 years.
We will need to update the server to a current version, 64 bit OS.
Unfortunatly, that means some downtime to upgrade. We are looking at the
weekend of April 26-27 for the upgrade. This will take us some time, but
NOTHING will be lost, and it should provide some performance gains
(less lag). This is one of those things we must do, so just be prepared
for it, and don't freak out when you see firey down the weekend of
*February 1, 2014
*The Resurrection spell can now be quested for in-game. Any Clerics,
Priests, or Diabolists ready to quest for resurrect should seek out Norisent
in the Cathedral of Betrayal.
*November 27, 2013
*Happy Thanksgiving 2013 everyone. Thanksgiving Quests
will start BLACK-FRIDAY, at 8:00 PM EST. Dont be LATE!!
*October 28, 2013
*Check out the website. There's a new 'Connect NOW!' button
at the top of the screen that will connect you to our flash
based MUDD client. It has support for aliases and triggers,
but make sure you save them, as it don't keep up with them
itself. but you can play from work now! :)
I'm working on a help page for the client, but I think most
of you can figure it out. As always, let me know if you have
questions, forum, email, or mudmail.
*October 9, 2013
*Fall has fallen, and forced changes in the Blue-Fog Area.
The region has been rebalanced to have more consistant
difficulties more managable compostions, and some new mobs.
The new levels are:
Let us know if you see anything that don't look right
*April 11, 2013
*Just in time for spring Fashions...
All of the Phase 3 Armor quest items (but 3) have been updated,
some major, some minor. To help you get the newest versions
of these armors, as well as any other updated items
(like the monocle), search out Tr'ven, he has set up shop
*If there's a piece of quest armor you have earned, but you just
can't tell where it ran off to, contact Ramah via mudmail, and
he will help you out. Before you decide to cheat, yes, he
can tell if you've earned it :)
---Chinok & Ramah
*March 29, 2013
* Monks have been slightly tweeked. Overall, their damange was
increased, but you may notice a little less damage at lower
levels. Let us know if something don't look right. Yuhen
wants to see monks hit 6 time per round, (at less damage
of course) so this tweeking might not be done just yet.
* Trainers now have their own rooms in Mielikki, you may have to
search them out, but it's worth the trouble.
*March 22, 2013
Skill trainers are now available around the town of Mielikki.
These profesional trainers will take a few of your hard earned
platinum, to help you increase your skills. Of course they wont
allow you to increase your skill past your level, but it might be
easier than backstabbing 5000 bugs.
--Let us know if there are any issues with them
*August 04, 2012
A ranger has been added to Morgan Hill, to help save newbies
under level 10. We haven't had a lot of newbies to save lately,
so I thought it important to save the ones we have.
*July 20, 2012
A few new items have been added to the website. There is now a
stats page that shows who's been logged in recently. There's
also the famous death counts, always fun to look at. The death
counts are always current up to the last game reset, and the logins
are updated every 5 minutes.
--Also, NEWS that's posted here, automatically shows up on the website
now. So you can see game updates in both places!
--- Hope you enjoy!
*July 17, 2012
The retirement of Fierymud may have been greatly exaggerated.
We.re back, on a new server, and will continue to run as long
as I can support it. We have some new features planned that
I hope you will enjoy as well. So please keep playing, and
remind your friends we are still here, and they should
come join us.
* June 30, 2012
Thank you all for playing and helping with FieryMUD over the decades
that she has been running. It has been immeasurebly fun over the
years but my time for the mud has come and gone. I have offered the
code and parts of FieryMUD to each of the people subscribing to the
gods email list and stated that if one of them choses to run the mud
I would not object. The time for my retirement has come at last.
I've not set a date yet, but I suspect that the 28th of July will be
the last day I host the FieryMUD systems. If one of the gods steps
up and claims that they want to host the mud, I'll post more detals.
Thank you all again, and may you slay many dragons.
* May 22, 2012
o The terrain type Cave has been implemented. This should enable
many spells that were wrongly disabled underground previously.
o Some poorly balanced mobs and items have been adjusted in:
* Ice Cult
- The entrance of the area has been made less lowbee friendly,
to better reflect it's intended level.
* Frost Valley
- The area should be more manageable at it's intended level.
- A few items in this area have been upgraded to fit the
* Cathedral of Betrayal
o Abbey's keys are back where they aught to be.
o The Logging Camp quest should be online now.
o Some items in the world have been adjusted to be more appropriate
at their level. Keep an eye out for these changes. Carry identify
* March 28, 2012
o Logging Camp (15-20) has had some repairs.
o Some smaller fixes:
- Abbey items loading in incorrect places.
- Lav Lab has been fixed, the ring of souls is now accessible.
- The Paladin/Priest Quest have been repaired.
- A few Mobs had become a little too hard to with the 2H weapons
update, and some of them have been softened a bit.
* March 2, 2012
o Logging Camp (15-20) has actually been added.
o Some smaller fixes:
- Minor Item balancing
- A few items and mobs have been adjusted to be more balanced
in terms of area difficulty.
o The ring of souls has new stats and effects, as well as being
more heavily guarded. (lab lav)
o Cathedral of Betrayal and Fiery Island had some adjustments to
be more level appropriate.
o The ball and chain has been added as a limited item in the
weapon shop of Ogahk.
* February 8, 2012
o A new area has just been added bridging the Great Road and
Nikozian Trail: Logging Camp (15-20)
- Logging Camp is primerily good-neutral aligned.
- The Camp itself has some shops selling goods useful for
lumberjacks, explorers, or those lacking is supplies otherwise
purchased in town.
- As a side perk, with this area in-game a previously-missing
piece to the Hermits instructions is now available for the Rhell
o Several objects in the world have been updated:
- 2H weapons at all levels have been updated to produce viable
- Many hard-to-get items that were previously not very valuable,
have been updated. Updated areas include:
* Fiery Island, Griffin, Cathedral of Betrayal, Barrow.
- A few items have been adjusted to be more balanced in terms of
item level, stats and area difficulty.
* January 25, 2012
o A bug was fixed where backstab was performing crushing damage
instead of piercing damage.
* January 9, 2012
o A few items have just been updated:
- The merchant in Rhell Forest (between twisted and blue fog)
now has a dynamic quest available.
- The druids quest in Twisted Forest is back online.
- A few fixes to Rhell Forest and Sacred Haven have been made.
* January 3, 2012
o A new area, the The Rhell Forest is out in the Twisted Forest
and connects to Blue Fog. Levels 45-55, I hope you all get
killed many times. - Zzur
* October 10, 2011
o The limit of only having two characters on at once has been
suspended until such time that FieryMUD has a huge player-
base again. Since I suspect that text based RPG's glory days
have passed, this may well be permenant. I hope you all find
more enjoyment with the mud. - Zzur
* April 3, 2011
- New Area: Split Skull
This area is an evil village that is set in opposition to the
abbey by the Black Legion. To combat their influence the
Eldorian court has dispatched an Emissary to the Abbey as well.
Players 8 to 20 are encouraged to take sides in the fight.
If you are good, go help raid the new zone!
- Split Skull is north of the Enchanted Hollow, but beware it has
an entrance into the Mystwatch swamps where it all seems to look
the same. The rangers have yet to make it over to protect that
- I believe Split Skull is production ready, but it was so long
in development and so rarely worked on there may be tons of
holes the quests and play. Let us know what you find if stuff
* March 18, 2011
- FieryMUD is now running on new hardware. Technical difficulties
may occur, but we will work hard to minimize any inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience.
* July 2, 2010
- Shrynn, Lord of the Air, now wields a fearsome new stick. You
* June 25, 2010
- The bulletin board has been archived. Old posts may now be read
in the Templar Magistrate's room northwest of the Mielikki Town
* July 17, 2009
- The Paladin phase 3 armor quest has been moved from the Knight
Errant to Belward in Sacred Haven.
* July 14, 2009
Quest announcement! The Fiery Triathlon starts this Saturday
night (July 18) at 8:00 PM EST and culminates next Saturday night
(July 25) at 8:00 PM. It will consist of three speed leveling
challenges. Participants will compete using new characters to
attempt to be named Fiery's fastest!
All participants will receive rewards and winners will receive
their choice from a set of predetermined quest equipment or
permanent stat increases on one of their characters.
There are no other requirements to play; players new and old can
participate and have fun in this quest! See the player bulletin
board for rules, prizes, and more information.
* July 13, 2009
- Creatures with a magic life force will have a (magic)
flag when detect magic is active.
- Recent victims of throatcut will suffer from difficulty
casting for a short amount of time.
- Gaining a level will now heal to full.
- The listings from the memorize and pray commands has been
tweaked to be more compact. Opinions welcome!
* June 20, 2009
- Help files for spells and skills have been updated to
present more information in a standardized way!
* June 10, 2009
- Prompts can now display cooldowns for various skills,
such as lay hands, shapechange, and throatcut. See
&bhelp prompt&0 for a complete list or try &bdisplay 9&0 to
see the first aid cooldown in action.
- Clans have been completely reimplemented. They mostly
work the same, but the clan command should be somewhat
easier to use. Also, certain events are now broadcast
to members of the clan, such as level-ups and deaths.
- The amount of damage that breath attacks inflict has
been decreased by about 40%.
* March 21, 2009
- Pyromancers have new spells:
* Phosphoric embers
* Positive field
* Acid burst
The spells combust and heatwave have been retired.
- Cryomancers get the waterwalk spell in circle 1.
- The soul tap spell now has a slow, life-draining effect.
- Bulletin boards have received a complete makeover. One
note: you must now type 'write board
- You can get a specific amount of items:
> get 4 bread
> get 3 gem 2.bag
* March 17, 2009
- The 'spells' command has been improved.
- Some objects won't fall.
* March 13, 2009
- The detect poison spell now works more like detect magic,
giving a person the ability to detect poison for a while.
- First aid has been made more useful.
- Most fluid or non-corporeal creatures won't leave behind
a corpse when killed.
- The exits and scan commands were tweaked a bit.
* February 4, 2009
- After using summon mount, (Anti-)Paladins won't have to wait
a week to summon a new one; the cooldown is now 12 hours
since the mount is lost.
- The guard skill now works on NPCs.
- New emote's command lets you do stuff like:
> emote's arms flail wildly as he falls over!
<> Laochan's arms flail wildly as he falls over!
- Damage amounts now visible for damage done by soulshield,
fireshield, and coldshield.
- Creatures that armor themselves magically will no longer
manage to get -2000 ac and be unhittable. *yay*
- Fixed numerous minor bugs.
* September 20, 2008
- Anti-Paladins have uncovered the secrets of the Dark Presence spell.
- The consider command has been improved somewhat.
- The Comprehend Language spell has been removed.
* September 14, 2008
- Cryomancers have lost the ability to cast vaporform.
- Waterform has become a quest spell.
* September 10, 2008
- Odaishyozen has been touched up a bit. See if you can find
the new items!
* September 7, 2008
- Equipment used to become weightless when you wore it. Now it
will continue to have weight. This will disrupt some folks'
carefully apportioned kits, so the weight limit has been increased
- Objects will now generally disappear from the game if left
unattended for too long. Basically, if a player handles something
and then gets rid of it, OR if an object falls to the ground from
a decomposing corpse, it will disappear after a while.
Also, player corpses will take even longer to decompose.
- When you're very close to your weight limit, you'll be too
heavy to fly.
* August 31, 2008
- The towns of Mielikki, Anduin, and Ickle won't tolerate evil
pets any more, and the guards will attack them on sight.
Necromancers especially should take care.
- Town guards are more protective of players and will help them
out in a fight, instead of taking the NPC's side like they used
to do. There is an exception: if you're fighting a guard or
other valued townsperson, the guards WILL still attack you.
- The new toggles have been renamed ExpandObjs and ExpandMobs.
* August 30, 2008
- The StackObjs and StackMobs toggles can now be used to control
whether you see multiples of the same object or mobile on a
single line when you look in a room, a container, or your inventory.
- The 'abandon' command allows you to leave behind folks who are
* August 24, 2008
- Adventurers may be excited to learn that a way exists into
Technitzitlan that doesn't involve falling. Good luck finding it.
- NPCs won't have unlimited spells any longer.
* August 21, 2008
- According to word of mouth, a new resort up north has opened
its doors to the public! Phoenix Feather Hot Springs should be
a good challenge for those of you in the 55-60 range.
- There is no longer a damage type of "magic". The magic missile
spell now does piercing damage. Bigby's Fist does crushing damage
and disintegrate does acid damage.
* August 17, 2008
- You can edit your description in the game with the 'desc' command.
- By player suggested idea your trophy will clear when you die,
unless you're questing. This was a good idea submitted long ago
but we're going through them all and going to give each its due.
Some quests require you to get a list of creatures on your trophy.
Gods who assign quests are responsible for marking players as
'questing' or not.
* August 16, 2008
- A hundred or so player submitted ideas have been addressed
and the responses are in the forums. These ideas span all
the way back to the first week this current version of the
code was active.
* August 12, 2008
- Some sorcerer single-target attack spells were recalibrated.
- NPCs are affected by laryngitis. This sad affliction has
descended upon them due to the corruption of the Necromancer
class by nefarious agents.
* August 10, 2008
- Due to insufficient demand, the weapon slinging feature has
- The operation of the sense life spell has changed. Our
long-time players may recognize its behavior being very close
to the original spell. In keeping with the concept of life
forces, it now depends on the susceptibility to healing magic.
As a result, purely magical creatures cannot be sensed with
- Heatwave and Cone of Cold was fixed. You'll have to discover
that that means.
* April 17, 2008
- Hitroll and Armor Class points are now individually significant.
Previously, you had to roll over the 10s digit to gain any
benifit - for example, 19 was no better than 10. Now every
* April 12, 2008
- The AUTOTREAS toggle can be used to merely loot treasure,
such as coins and gems, from your kills.
* April 4, 2008
- The split command now randomly chooses who gets
- There are two new toggles: autoloot and autosplit.
See HELP AUTOLOOT and HELP AUTOSPLIT.
- The movement point cost for using the disarm skill
has been changed.
- Bashed mobs will stay down a bit longer.
* March 28, 2008
- When you are in a fluid state due to the Waterform or
Vaporform spell, you won't be able to pick up or accept
- Creatures are resistant to various types of damage
according to their composition. For example, ice creatures
will be immune to cold, but vulnerable to crushing. See
HELP COMPOSITION for more information.
- Creatures are also vulnerable to certain attacks according
to their life force. See HELP LIFE FORCE for more
- Spectres, ghosts, and other creatures with no physical
form are generally invulnerable to physical attacks.
However, the bless and dark presence spells can help
fighters destroy these beings. See HELP BLESS and
HELP DARK PRESENCE.