Though current support, implementation and guidelines for guilds is under revision they remain an integral part of the roleplaying aspect at FieryMUD. There are many loose-knit affiliations throughout the realm. However, formal guilds have the added benefit of personalized meeting halls, unique and possilby equipment, a private communications channel and various other perks, all of which come at an extremely hefty price in platinum.
Some of the base criteria for the formation of a clan are as follows:
- Must start with 5 active players of the following races: elf, human, half-elf, gnome or halfling.
- Founders of the organization must be level 25 or greater and in the case of a retiring founder, they must be replaced by a member who is also level 25 or greater.
- New members must be a minimum of level 20 or greater. Actual acceptance level is up to each individual organization.
- Organizations must have a defined alignment AND racial code that follows the "FieryMUD Alignment and Racial Criteria" outlined in the guild guidelines documentation. Alignments are GOOD, NEUTRAL, EVIL and combinations thereof. Combinations must make sense, and not serve to somehow "invalidate" the FieryMUD criteria. You cannot dictate by races or alignment only. Races that are alignment dependent (start at one alignment only) may only join organizations that cater to that align and race.
- Organizations must submit supporting doctrine, mythoi, charter, etc that outlines the goals and structure of the organization. Such documentation needs to have been reviewed and approved before any organization will be allowed formal recognition. Supporting documentation should be rationally viable and not organized to circumvent restrictions or rules elsewhere defined.